Saturday, July 19, 2008

DAYTONA FRIDAY NIGHTS..............

Pastor Troy ministers to a young man that was trying to justify his sin. He professed to be a "Christian" as he drinks his mixed drink. Troy Morris ministers in the background. What is it going to take for people to wake up and get right with Jesus? This may sound like a broken record to those of you that read this blog weekly. Most churches do not preach on repentence and the dangers of hell so they act like we are some kind of freak when we minister on it. Some of the "church folk" that we ministered to tonight were from Calvary (Ormond Beach), Holly Hill Baptist and 1st Baptist of Daytona.

I have to say one thing for those Calvary people they know one scripture real good and that is:

Matthew 7:1 Judge not, that you may not be judged.

Many will use this to try to try to get away from us telling them scripture as to why what they are doing is wrong. Not only Calvary though, many "church folk" use the same scripture. It is like that is the only scripture that they know. I did hear after e-mailing the pastor of Calvary that he did call the church out on going to the clubs. That is awesome but I am still waiting on him to accept my invite and join us for a night out there so that he can see all of his people that attend the Aqua Lounge Service on Friday & Saturday before attending his on Sundays.

As Troy and I drove home tonight we looked at all the churches that we passed. We thought what if all these churches had people on the streets ministering the uncompromised Word of God???? That would make a difference in this area big time!!! I don't look for that to happen even though it would be nice. We are suppose to be a minstry that is hot after the streets and we can not even get our people out?????? We had a total of 4 of us out there tonight and that is pitiful!! It is good though because our people do like other good "church folk" and make sure to show up for church on Sunday morning. Kudos for that!!
Deb ministers to a young man with a vulgar shirt while he was wearing a cross. Deb called him out for it and he ended up taking the shirt off. Pastor Troy ministers to a young lady that was employed by the Aqua Lounge.

This gives you an idea how many of them dress on the streets around the clubs. Many of them profess to be Christians too. They look much more like "hookers". I told one young woman tonight that she needed to give her 8 year old sister her shorts back!!

I had a guy that walked past with me with several other guys and I said to the group "when are you guys going to start living your lives for Jesus"? One of the guys immediately stopped as if he had been hit with an arrow. He rushed to me and said "hey, I am a Christian, I really am" as he struggled with his shirt to show me all of his tattoos that was real proof to him. He was very sincere with tears in his eyes. He told his friends to go ahead without him because he had to talk to me. This guy was intoxicated and I showed him what the scriptures said about his condition. I told him that if the Lord was to come back tonight that he would be in big trouble. He talked with me for a long time then thanked me for talking to Him.

Later in the night there were two lesbians walking down the street holding hands and I told them that they needed to repent of their sin and get right with Jesus. Right after I said that I heard a male voice say "you can't say that and you have no right to judge them". As I turned it was the same this same guy again. He said "I have a sister that is a lesbian and she is one of the best Christians I know". I responded to him that there is no such thing as a "Christian Lesbian" and he became enraged. He said "don't you say bad things about my sister or I'll......... He started cussing at me. I then told him what the Word of God says about homosexuality. This enraged him all that much more and he said "F the Bible" and that it was written by man (which is an excuse that many use especially the "college educated" folks). The devil actually had him denouncing God to stick up for his sister. His friends held him back as he wanted to come after me. (at least make it look that way) I told him that he needed to get his life right and truly live as a Christian and search out the scriptures so that he would know the truth and then he could share with his sister so that she would not spend eternity in hell. I really believe that this guy was so tormented by already knowing that his sister is bound for hell that in his intoxicated state he wanted to release the hurt that he feels for the sister that he loves so much. This was a very sad situation. We can not hold back from telling people what the Word of God says and we can not "sugar coat" the Word either. THERE ARE SOULS AT STAKE!!

1Corinthians 6:9 Do you not know that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived; neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor abusers, nor homosexuals, 10 nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God.

Revelation 21:8 But cowards, traitors, perverts, murderers, the immoral, those who practice magic, those who worship idols, and all liars---the place for them is the lake burning with fire and sulfur, which is the second death."

Jude 1:7 Likewise, Sodom and Gomorrah and the cities near them, which like them committed sexual sins and engaged in homosexual activities, serve as an example of the punishment of eternal fire.

In closing, I thank God that we have a head pastor like Pastor Troy that will lead by example. He will minister on the streets on Saturday night then get up Sunday morning and minister again. You don't get many that will do that!!

We will be back on the streets tomorrow night!!

No comments: