Wednesday, January 16, 2008

TRIP TO ASSIST RAVEN EAST COAST

I had an amazing time in Pennsylvania hooking up with Pastor Sam & Lucy and their crew. We hit 5 different locations while there including Philadelphia and one of my favorites, Maple St. in York formerly called "The Jungle". Philly has always been a place where I have wanted to minister and I finally got my chance. I can not wait to go back again!! We seen many people that weeped and weeped crying out for Jesus to change their miserable lives.

The pictures above give an idea what the sidewalk looks like on a Kensington Street corner. This was more disposed needles that I have ever seen in one place.

Jon (on the right) cried his eyes out because of being so tired of a life addicted to crack. Pastor Frank Vega who will be heading up RAVEN Philadelphia and I ministered the Word to him and casted out demons from this man. He was a real mess and we are praying that he will hook up with Pastor Frank and get his life right.

Pastor Sam hugs on another addict on the same corner of Kensington Street. Pastor Sam and I teamed up on this young man with a very twisted mind. He is one that was talked about in Titus 3:10-11:

Titus 3:10 Warn a quarrelsome person once or twice, but then be done with him. 11 It's obvious that such a person is out of line, rebellious against God. By persisting in divisiveness he cuts himself off.

When we arrived we circled up to pray. When we were finished praying I turned to find the man above (Marcus) standing a short distance behind me. I immediately said hi and asked him if he was living his life for JESUS. He told me that he did when he was in prison. I then said to him "I am talking about now". He said that he was a good person then he told me of his gang affiliation, his drug and alcohol addictions and that he was a drug dealer. I handed him my BIBLE as I helped him to look up many scriptures showing him where he really stood with the LORD. It wasn't long till he looked at me with tears welling up in his eyes and said "I am on my way to hell". I told him that he was exactly right if he did not change the way he is living his life. Marcus told me that he did not want to go there and that he wanted to get his life right with JESUS!! I introduced him to Pastor Frank and told him that I would stay in contact with him. I spoke with him yesterday and I believe that he is trying to change things. Marcus was so happy that he came back later that afternoon and wanted to take me to dinner. I told him that we would hook up on my next trip to Philly.Philadelphia's finest stop by to inquire if we know where we are really at because of the high crime area that we are in. Lucy made it clear that we were very aware of where we were at. This happens alot to us as we hit different areas.Here I am ministering to a couple of homeless with one of them being a back slidden preacher. Pastor Frank picked him up for church the following day and he re-dedicated his life to the Lord.Imagine sleeping on a sidewalk in 30 degree temperatures like this. We seen people all over the sidewalks there.Me and Pastor Frank, he will be a blessing to work with in the future. He is an awesome man of God and was a pleasure to work with on the streets of Philly.

No comments: