Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Awesome Witness In Orlando!!

Last Wednesday I was in Orlando taking Eileen to the airport to go and spend some time with her mom and sisters in Chicago. I was flying to hook up with Pastor Sam & Lucy in Hanover, PA. the following day so I got a room at a hotel for the night. I was going to spend the time just getting into the Word and taking it easy. I went to get a bite to eat and when I got back it was in the 80's so I thought I would maybe take a nap by the swimming pool. The pool was very nice and set in an area where many of the room looked down on it. When I walked out there only two people were out there. A guy and a woman with a very short skirt on that had her feet in the water.
Right away it came on me that I would be witnessing to the woman. My immediate thought was "how is this going to work"? I sat back and watched what was going on for a while. The woman got up and talked to one of the maintenance people and made some kind of comment to me then headed for a lounge chair. She went to sleep and in her turning to get comfortable she ended up with her skirt up and her underwear showing. At this point the other guy started sitting up and showing some interest in her. Then another guy that was well dressed came out and I felt darkness come into the area. The presence of the enemy was definitely there. I took a quick glance to see what the situation was with the woman and she had set up and straightened her skirt. What was coming to me was that I had to do something before the enemy was able to enter in with one of the two other guys. I got up and walked over to a hot tub that was close to her then I knew that I had to act quick. I walked up to her and asked if she was ok. When I got close I could tell that she had been drinking. She made the comment that "it was about time that someone nice came over to talk to her". She exposed her underwear two more times as she told me about all the problems in her life.
She then asked about me and I quickly told her that I was a pastor. She started to weep telling me that she was a Catholic then she had been in a Pentecostol church. She told me that she had been baptized twice. She also told me that she had to have at least 5 drinks a day. I then told her that she had not been baptized twice and that she had only "got wet twice". I said to her "Deb, I know that the Lord sent me over to you to tell you that it is time for you to get right with Him. She told me that things fell apart when her son committed suicide. She asked me how Christians could tell her that her son would go to hell because he committed suicide. I proceeded to tell her that what they were saying was actually right and then took the time to explain to explain it to her through the Word of God. She continued to ask questions and tell me that she needed to get her life right. I told her that it was a choice that she had to make and that I had no magic prayer that I could pray over her to make her life straighten out. I continued to tell her what the Word said about her situations and then she reached out for my hand and said that she wanted me to pray with her to get Jesus back into her life. She was immediately sober and said that it was time for her to get back to Wisconsin with her family. She thanked me over and over, I told her that she needed to give all the thanks to Jesus and we parted ways.
I thanked the Lord for being able to use me in a situation that was very awkward and difficult in my eyes.

No comments: